Monday, October 11, 2010

Burns Boys Night In

These two little boys make my heart happy. I have been in their lives since Ryan (the youngest) was 3 months old. Nic and I have seen them grow so much over the past 3 years. We have watched Jimmy transform from a timid toddler into an outgoing, sporty, HAPPY kindergartener… and a Seminole fan! And Ryan, who I would rock to sleep has become such a big boy. He has an enormous personality that never fails to make me laugh.

As soon as we got our house unpacked we decided to host the boys first sleepover. Hopefully to give John and Karen a night free, but mostly just to hang out with our favorite Burns Boys! I had the night all planned out. We would play outside in our back yard; we’d eat pizza, make homemade cookies and end the night with camping out in the living room… sleeping bags and all. But I quickly figured out that the boys enjoyed the unplanned things the most… like beating up Nic and watching Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and eating dry cinnamon toast crunch just because. It ended up being such a fun night for the boys and for us. Maybe when we’re a little braver we’ll have the Burns' girls over.


No comments:

Post a Comment