This Christmas did not disappoint, hence the major depression I have been recovering from. :) So when I feel that wave of sadness rush over me, I just have to think back and recount all of the sweet memories that we made this year... and, of course, count down till next year... only 337 days to go!
Christmas Recap 2011:
- Christmas Eve we headed to Chiefland to have Christmas with some of Nic's side of the family. We met Nic's Mom and Sister for breakfast and then opened presents together. We then made our way over to see Nic's Grandparents to eat lunch. It was great to spend some quality time with that side of the family, since we don't get to make it down there as often as we'd like.
- That night we headed over to my parent's house for a casual gathering with our Lifebasic's family. We had great food (my faves included BBQ brisket and Buffalo Chicken dip...YUM), wonderful company, we sang Christmas Carols, and of course read The Christmas Story.
Look at those In-laws making music together. They make my heart happy!
- As the night came to an end, we gathered around to open one present. Guess what it was?!? Our Christmas pajamas!!!!!
**Quick side note. When we got home, Nic and I still had to wrap ALL of our presents. Yep, that's right, total procrastinators. I wrapped all of mine first in the back room. When it was time for Nic to wrap his, he realized that there was not enough paper left... oops. Now remember, this is around 11pm. So he was on a mission to find some paper on Christmas eve night. He went to CVS, Walgreens, Publix and then Walmart and they were all closed (who knew Walmart actually closes?). Anyway, let's just say when Nic arrived back at home without his wrapping paper, he was a tad bit upset. I finally just told him he didn't have to wrap my gifts-- even though in reality we all know I would have been ticked to have unwrapped gifts under the tree. :) So he walks back to the bedroom to try to figure out a game-plan, and propped up against the wall just happens to be a brand new roll of wrapping paper. Guess he didn't see it earlier. OOPS! :)
- Christmas morning, Nic, Bowden and I woke up super early to open presents at our house before heading to my parent's. Santa left Bowden some gifts under the tree. It was hilarious to see how excited he was to play with his gifts... Guess he gets that from his mama. ;) Nic and I also exchanged gifts with each other. Can I just tell you, my hubby is a good gift-giver!
The glorious Bishop Tree!
Bowden says thanks to Adrea and Phil for his rope! :)
Yes, we are those crazy dog people!
Bowden's favorite toy. He would not put it down!
- After the 2nd annual Bishop Family Christmas came to an end, we headed to my parents to exchange gifts and eat a yummy breakfast.
- My parents and sis headed out of town by 11am, and Nic and I were already pooped from all of the festivities. I was scheduled to go into work that after noon, so we decided a nap was in order. We blew up the air mattress in the living room in front of the tree, played A Christmas Story on TV, and snoozed the rest of the morning. It was a pretty perfect Christmas if I say so myself.
- The next morning we went to Nic's Dad's house for our Christmas together. Nic's sister and stepbrother were there also. It's hard to get all of us under one roof at the same time with all of our schedules, so this day was really special.
We feel so blessed to have been able to celebrate with all of our huge families, friends and church. It was a perfect Holiday!
Only 337 days, 6 hours and 33 minutes to go... but who's counting??