Sunday, February 27, 2011

Snapshots of our Saturday

Today was beautiful!  The sun was shining, the weather was warm, we slept in, and best of all, we had absolutely no plans.  It has been a long time since we had nothing on our agenda, just a day to fill with randomness.  And that's exactly what we did, and I can honestly say we loved every second of it.


  • We enjoyed our favorite food (pizza), at our favorite restaurant (MoMo's), at our favorite spot (outside courtyard).  It was delicious.  




  • We then went to the animal shelter (which I don't have photos of) to look at puppies.  I have to admit, I'm not the animal lover.  And I'm definitely not that person who cries watching those animal abuse commercials, but walking down that hallway, with all the dogs sticking their noses through the cages just staring at you, broke my heart.  I wanted to adopt every one of them.  But I was good (Mom).  Nic and I do want to get a pup in the near future, but we want to make sure our schedules and our finances are in line first.  
  • We stopped by the icecream shop to get some treats.  Nic went with his old faithful, mint chocolate-chip shake, and I got a double-scoop chocolate turtle icecream cup.  So good.
  • Later, one of my best friends, Kaley came over with her daughter Karter.  We spent hours outside soaking up some vitamin D.  Oh it felt so nice.




  • Dinner at La Fiesta.  A favorite of us Bishops.
  • We ended the night hanging outdoors.  We lit our fire-pit for the first time and just relaxed.  Unfortunately I didn't have the ingredients for smores, but I did have mini-marshmellows.  So of course we had to toast some of those.  haha.  





 Sometimes there's nothing better than having nothing to do on a Saturday.  I'm looking forward to more days like today... days we can fill with randomness.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment