Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Valentine's Day


Since Heather had to work on Valentine's Day we decided to celebrate on Sunday night.

After we got home from lunch Heather went out to buy my Valentine's Day gift (a pair of really awesome Gap khakis!). We had been procrastinating big time, so we had to take turns going to the mall... how sad is that?

A few minutes after she left I called Mary An, one of our good frineds who works at Coach, to see about getting a gift for Heather. I started asking her about what they had available at the store and all of a sudden Mary An had to go. I didn't think anything of it since she was at work. I just figured she had to go.

When Heather got home, It was my turn to go shopping for her. When I got to the mall, Mary An filled me in on what really happened. She told me that while I was on the phone with her, Heather walked into the store! She didn't want to tell me it was Heather in case Heather was buying me a wallet for Valentine's Day. What's really funny is, Mary An told Heather she was on the phone with an annoying customer who couldn't make up their mind on whether to order something or not. Heather's reponse: "Well she might as well go ahead and order it then!" I cracked up when I heard that!

Later that night we went out to Marie Livingston's for dinner. We hadn't been there since our rehearsal dinner. It was delicious, as usual, it was romantic and special to us, and since it was a Sunday, there was no wait! It couldn't get much better than that.

When we went home we layed down a red blanket (in honor of V-day) on the living room floor enjoyed publix cheesecake and exchanged gifts. I was so excited to see how Heather reacted.

I opened my present first and of course loved it!

Then Heather opened hers. At first she asked, "Is it a box of chocolates?" Ummm...no.

As soon as she saw the box she started smiling. I'm pretty sure she liked it.

I'd say it was a great first Valentine's Day as a married couple. Looking forward to many, many more!

No comments:

Post a Comment