Monday, July 11, 2011

4th of July

Fourth of July weekend was jam packed this year with fun festivities.  We started the weekend off right with friends over at the house for dinner, watermelon, and Kaley's famous homemade ice-cream.  Let me just tell you, Kaley has perfected her ice-cream making skills, and it is hands down the best homemade ice-cream I've ever had!



Yeah, we really do love each other!
Karter wore Bowden out!  They both had a blast.

Kaley tested it out first to make sure it was edible. :)

Nic approves!
Karter approves!
Delicious!

The next morning, July 4th, we headed down to Southwood to join the neighborhood's celebration.  Every year, the community throws a 4th of July Festival including a parade consisting of decorated golf carts, decorated dogs and occasionally a police motorcycle or pretty convertible. It really is cute to see how involved/creative these families can get.  After the parade, everyone in the neighborhood gathers in the Southwood park for music, food and good old fashion games.  My Church, LIFEBASICS wanted to get involved and contribute something to the community.  We all headed out to the festival and passed out free water bottles.  And believe me, with the heat this summer, the water was very much appreciated.

 Bowden did great on his first public outing.  And he took an incredibly long nap when he got home.  :)
 Sweet Julie Ann

 The Twins!! 
 Jimmy did awesome rock climbing.  He made it a lot higher than I would have.

Some of the gang!

I did have to rush over to work for a few hours, but the party didn't stop without me.  As soon as I clocked out, I joined family and friends for hamburgers and hotdogs and FIREWORKS!!!

Please forgive me for the terrible quality phone pictures...






If you know me, you know I ADORE holidays!  I love being festive and celebrating with the people that mean the most to me.  The 4th was certainly no exception.  

God Bless The USA!!!  (haha... I know it's cheesy, but I thought it was an appropriate ending to this post).

No comments:

Post a Comment