Sunday, July 3, 2011

Recent Happenings...

Father's Day

This year Father's Day was extra special because all 5 of us McLaughlin/Bishops were going to be in town at the same time.  So Haley and I decided to prepare a meal for Dad at my house.  Okay, so Haley got here a little late, but she was just in time to put the finishing touches on the green beans... and let me just say, she did an excellent job.  haha.



I wanted to cook something different than usual, so I flipped through my favorite cook book (a wedding gift from Bethany) and chose Bruschetta Stuffed Chicken Breasts, mashed potatoes, green beans and salad.  The end result was pretty tasty, but next time I will definitely be purchasing a very neccessary utensil: a mallet.  The hammer I ended up using did not work so well and made for a not-so-smooth chicken breast.  :)


Dinner was delicious, but the company was better.  I love spending time with my family.  And what made the night even more special was that Haley and Bowden had major bonding time.  :)  I'm pretty sure he won her over.




Babies

It's baby season and our friends are having them left and right.  First sweet little Kate and Rose.  The cutest twins I know.  They were blessed with great parents and lots of friends and family to love on them!


We are waiting any day now for our good friends Mike and Mary An to have their precious little girl.  I threw Mary An a baby shower last month and I'm very excited to show you the pictures.  It was a wonderfully girly evening and there will be a long blog post coming soon with the details.
Here's a peak at the invites we made.  The theme was "birdies."


I am beyond thrilled to share that one of my best friends will be adding a little addition to her sweet family in December.   Christine and Cayce are going to make great parents. I seriously cannot wait to meet and spoil this baby!

Bowden

Speaking of babies, our baby, Bowden is growing up.  It makes me sad to remember how tiny he was just a few months ago and how HUGE he is now.  Okay, he's not huge, but he's probably 3 times the size he was when we brought him home.  This pup has brought so much joy to the Bishop home.  Don't worry, I know he's just a dog, but it really is crazy how attached I've become.


He's recently mastered the very challenging skill of "sit."  And he's oh-so-cute doing it.  His tail wags and wags after he follows our command and he's even more thrilled to see our reaction.  Yep, he's a spoiled dog.

2 comments:

  1. Your dinner looks delicious! And the video of Bowden is too funny, he is so very cute!

    p.s. Thanks for having us over for a lovely evening tonight.

    -B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, we made it in a blog picture! You're right, it was a special night.

    ReplyDelete