Monday, November 14, 2011

Nic's 30th Birthday

It's official... I'm married to a 30 year old!!  And a good looking one at that! ;)  He deserved a great party to celebrate his old age!  So we got to planning...  And after trying to decide between my ideas for trips, parties and restaurants, we new instantly what we were going to do when our friend Mike suggested a mustache party.  It was perfect!  A perfect excuse for a good party, and a perfect excuse for the men to grow some facial hair.  So I threw Nic a 30th Birthday Mustache Bash!!

It was such a great time, and definitely one of the most hilarious, crazy, down-right fun parties I have been to.  We catered one of Nic's favorite restaurants, La Fiesta (delicious Mexican food) along with serving our signature drink:  the toxic Margarita.  We had desserts, a fire in the fire pit, cute decorations (if I say so myself), and of course, a mustache planted on everyone's face.  It was a hilarious sight.

Since everyone knows I fill my posts with way too many pictures, I'm just going to let the photos do the talking...

We wanted people to be able to go inside and out, so we decorated our deck in the backyard.
 Some of my favorite things, a tin bucket for the drinks and mason jars.  I ordered the cute paper straws from Etsy.
Chocolate mustache cake.  It began to crumble, so I added texture to the icing for the hair, and to cover up my mistakes.  :)
Red-Velvet Cheesecake Cupcakes.  I cut the mustaches out of card stock and glued them to lollipop sticks.  Easy and cute.
One of my favorite decorations.  I blew up some old childhood photos of Nic.  We had fun drawing mustaches on all of them.
Isn't he adorable?
Yes, the giant mustache on the front door set the tone for the rest of the party.  It's a giant magnet!  
 Nic with Keith Stone and Mario!  Check out Nic's creepy old man mustache!


Mike and Mary An gave Nic a Mustache Comb for his Birthday!  It was put to good use!

 I ordered these awesome stache-glasses on Amazon.  They were so fun!  They do tend to hide my upper lip, though.  :)


 Even baby Annabel came sportin' her stache!











Potential Family Christmas Card?  I think yes!

Happy 30th Birthday, babe!  I hope you had as much fun as I did!!!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE the family photo of you, Nic and Bowden w/ mustaches on!!!!! Must use for Xmas card. :)
    -Christine

    ReplyDelete