Monday, November 21, 2011

Mt. Dora Wedding Weekend

Last weekend we celebrated the marriage of Nic's best friend Chuck to his bride, Hollie.  Since it was out of town we decided to make a mini-vacation out of it.  Let me tell you, it was so needed and so relaxing.

We left town after my shift on Wednesday night and headed to Lakeland to visit with my Grandparents.  We went shopping, caught up with our family and just chilled (which was necessary for Nic and I).  But my favorite part of our time with them was going to the theater.  Seriously, not much is better than good musicals, right?  Well, it did get better because it was a Christmas play!!  Oh how I love Christmas music... plus, they had fake snow... score!  So we kicked off the Christmas season before Thanksgiving, just the way I like it!

After a couple of days in Lakeland we travelled to the cute little town of Mt. Dora for the wedding festivities to begin.  Seriously Mt. Dora is adorable!  We checked in to the Historic Lakeside Inn.  It was such a cozy Inn overlooking the lake and just a few steps away from all the antique stores, restaurants and most importantly, the ice cream shop!



Hollie and Chuck are a beautiful couple, and they really had a gorgeous wedding.  I believe it was the first wedding Nic and I attended as an old married couple ourselves, and it made the weekend so much more romantic and sweet.  And if you know me well, you know that I ADORE anything and everything about a wedding.  I love the flowers, the food, the dresses, the love story, the families and THE DETAILS!!!  So without further adieu... the details...

The Trolley picked us up from the hotel and brought us to the church and then to the reception.  Such a convenience for us "out of towners."  And Chuck made the Trolley signs.  I was pretty impressed.  

The Garden Gate Tea Room, where the reception was held.  Such a cool, unique venue!
Cocktail hour in the courtyard.

 Shabby-chic?  I think yes!
 One of my favorite "details" was the typewriter.  Instead of using the traditional guestbook, they had an antique typewriter set up for the guests to type a message to the bride and groom.  Then you placed your message in the basket of the bicycle.  



 The seating chart.
 Instead of a grooms cake, Chuck wanted a candy bar!  And believe me we stocked up on some goodies!

Beautiful music, very long hair.  :)

A gorgeous wedding cake, and it had lights in it.  How cool! 
 Wedding favors were tea bags.  So original and went perfectly with the venue.

 The Reed's!!






Congrats, Hollie and Chuck!!!  It was a beautiful day and we were honored to celebrate with you!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for a great Blog post. Hollie and I are so happy you and Nic could make it and that you had a great weekend. You will have to come for another visit sometime!

    ReplyDelete