Friday, December 30, 2011

Haley's Graduation

As I'm typing this, my parents are helping my sister unload the u-haul truck in Florence, Alabama, Haley's new place of residence.  We now have a Physician Assistant in the family!!  And we've got to get her settled just in time for her to start her 1st job as a PA in January.  

Earlier this December, we made the trip up to Birmingham to celebrate Haley's graduation.  It was such a great and needed mini-vaca with the family!  Although we did get lost... quite a bit in fact, we were still able to do some sightseeing around town before Haley's big event.

Hiking up to Vulcan Park 
 The McLaughlin's (Please forgive my car-hair!)
 The Bishop's

 Haley and I with the Grandparent's


After running around town, enjoying our family time together (AKA getting lost!), we went back to the hotel to get prettified, just in time for Haley's graduation.  Haley's class only consisted of about 40 students, so instead of the typical pomp and circumstance kind of ceremony, they opted to have an intimate dinner.  I LOVED it!  It was so much more meaningful to sit around the table with your family and listen to the different Professors and speakers (one being Haley, woot woot!), than to go to the civic center and barely even see your family member.  It was really special.  





 Haley definitely surprised us when she walked up on stage to speak.  She even made me tear up a bit.  


I can't even begin to tell you how proud I am of my sister.  She is one determined girl.  She followed her dream of becoming a PA and she got it!  She has a huge heart, and she is going to touch so many lives doing what she loves.  Plus she's got a nurse-sister, so I just know she's going to be sweet to all of the nurses she works with, right, Haley?!!








We are so, so proud of you, and I can't wait to come work with you some day!  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment